Monday, January 29, 2007

A veritable wealth of information



I've been meaning to make a case to hold what has become a needle explosion in our house. I finally whipped one up in about 2 hours. The needle case is based loosely on a pattern from this wonderful book. I have a lot more double pointed needles than anything so I modified the pattern a bit to let the shorter needles peek out.

This project was pleasantly interrupted by Angela's arrival to pick up some of Kennet's dad's old ties, no longer wanted since he retired. Angela is planning to do some recrafting and I'm thinking of making the little tie-bag from this book. Angela and I then made a short, but fruitful trip to Stitches to get the materials for Amy Butler's desk organizer pattern, which arrived in the mail from my mom today (thanks mom!).

Here is the fabric I got for the desk organizer. I need some picture taking lessons from the household photographer.

Other good stuff:

  • Check out our new book list -->
  • What's a soup swap, you ask? Check this out, I totally want to try it.
  • Do you know about RSS feeds, I ask?
I didn't until Kennet pointed them out to me. When you're reading our blog, you can drag this icon at the end of the address bar down to the bar just below it and save our blog kind of like a bookmark. Only it's better than a bookmark because if you click on it, it will show you a list of recent posts so you can see if there is a new posting. Very cool.

No comments: