Saturday, May 19, 2007

Spring Projects


I made these lemon custard cakes a few days ago- very light and lemony and super easy. The recipe came from this great cookbook my sister sent me for my birthday- I didn't even know it existed though I've been getting the magazine religiously for a couple years now. Beautiful photographs which I like because then I know what it's supposed to look like.


*********************

In other news, I've been busy with small birthday and mother's day gifts. After ordering and returning a small coin purse from an unnamed company, I got a little obsessed with trying to create them myself. The zipper on the one I returned was put in with very little thought, did not line up at the end and didn't even close all the way. So thanks to the Denyse Schmidt book, I've made about 6 of these. I also saw these tape measure purses in Ballard- blatantly stole the design. . .








*********************

In garden news: take a look at how things are growing! We have a bit of an aphid problem, but they don't seem to actually be killing anything. Scott told me (in so many words) that I probably traumatized the plants a little in their migration across from the island. But they still look edible don't they? I love those peas- probably my favorite. Those are the today's photos on top and the lettuce about a month ago.





No comments: