Thursday, March 1, 2007

Wak-Wak


Last weekend I rode in the Chilly Hilly, known as one of the 4 best rides in the U.S., I hear. A team of us from work pulled Wak-Wak (Lushootseed for frog) the whole 33 miles in the rain. I did a very respectable 7 miles with Wak-wak, including a couple of very steep hills. Wak-Wak and his tiny wheel make it impossible to stand up on a bike, which is something I usually do to get up steep hills (my commute has made me a pro at hills if nothing else), so there were a few tenuous moments when I was sure I was going down. But I survived, as did Adam, my coworker with the most fabulous shop-class goggles. Ray was the star, pulling 13 miles all the way home. Oh yes, and there were capes.

Adam got the glory on the front page of the Bainbridge paper, with a picture the size of a postage stamp. I think this is the shot that was in the paper.

Check out this shot looking down on the 4000+ riders as they ride off the ferry.

No comments: