Friday, June 1, 2007

Return of the vegetarians


Well, we seem to have a MAJOR aphid infestation in our sprightly little garden. There are at least 3 kinds of aphids, first they took over the older leaves of the parsley, then the oregano, finally the peas and the lettuce. So I did my first real harvest and we'll have one tiny salad total for dinner tonight. The peas are just flowering, but the lower leaves are all dying, presumably because of the bugs. Same with the sage. Hopefully the onions will still be good in a week or two and we'll be able to eat those.

But it was a good experiment. Rachel says I might just start over, but since I'll be gone for almost six weeks, it doesn't seem totally worthwhile. Won't they just come back??

1 comment:

Kennet said...

I prefer to call them "vegivores."