Saturday, February 10, 2007

Backlog

I'm a little backlogged on projects here, so here are a couple things I've been working on:


Here is the Amy Butler box I made this week- I made the major mistake of using heavy interfacing and not Timtex, which is much stiffer, so it doesn't hold up with heavy things in it. But it fits perfectly in our Ikea bookshelf/room divider so it works. I'm about to start on the Weekender Bag, so the box was good practice. The hardest part was fitting the liner over the exterior, sewing it 3/4 of the way inside out and then flipping it right side out again. Practice.

_________________________________________________________________

The next thing I wanted to post are some of my own pictures of the No Knead Bread I love. I made this loaf with white whole wheat flour and it was the prettiest loaf so far. I took it to the Femuary sleep over for the breakfast feast and we finished it off. Usually I use half white flour and half (brown) whole wheat, but I'm a convert. The little orange pot is Le Crueset that Robin gave to me when I first moved out of the dorms in college. I'm pretty sure you can't get this color scheme anymore. Well loved obviously, especially now that I'm making this recipe weekly.

No comments: