Sunday, October 14, 2007

Treats


These are quite possibly the best homemade pumpkin muffins ever. I found the recipe here and added walnuts to it. They are extremely yummy and at least a little healthy. A lot of the oil was replaced with applesauce (I love that trick) and I put in less sugar than it calls for. I made a few today for a grad's birthday on Tuesday. The box, with cute wrapping tissue paper and ribbon is from a Martha Stewart kit on clearance at Michaels. I am loving the MS craft materials line, though I do think some of it goes a little to far in doing the work for you. But these treat boxes (and bags) are so cute.



Those blue blocks above are the quilt I'm working on for our bed. The one below is the vintage top I finally finished off. Today I put the binding on- scalloped in the same round shape you can see below, so a bit tricky. It won't look perfect, but it's on and in the end I'm glad I retained the scalloped edges. It has some great fabrics in it.


No comments: